- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is designed for international client to experience Canadian culture and to receive specialized training. The content may vary depending on the focus and preferences of customized needs. This course places emphasis on foundational technical English and skills required by the subject matter. It has a strong focus on collaborative learning, an essential principle in regular BCIT programs, and it employs task-based approach for students to acquire and use skills in a variety of group projects. Furthermore, course content emphasizes culture awareness, allowing students to obtain a basic understanding of cultural norms commonly occurring in Canada. Students will study in both classroom and labs; participate in field trips to enable them to gain hands-on experience, and transfer acquired skills and strategies into real work contexts.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Improve foundational technical English and skills required by the subject matter.
- Collaborate in small groups to solve problems and complete projects.
- Become familiar with Canadian culture.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2013
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Canadian Experience and Specialized Training for International (INTL 0010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.