- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Explore Advanced MS Office Excel 2013 concepts building on the students' proficiency with Excel to enable automation approaches to Business Operations Modelling. Specific focus will be on applying automation tools to Excel within the business modelling framework. Topics include; Inventory and Process modelling using Macro recording and playback, editing Visual Basic for Applications code, adding and using Controls in Excel, and topics involving macro security within Excel.
- Proficiency with MS Excel 2010/2013 or BSYS 2051.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Model complex Operations Management and Supply Chain Management issues with Excel.
- Automate spreadsheet application tasks using Excel's Macro Recording features.
- Use Visual Basic for Applications to modify and customize Excel macros as needed.
- Investigate process simulation using Monte Carlo simulation and other randomizing techniques in Excel.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2010
Business Operations Modelling with Excel (BSYS 4051) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Materials Management Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Operations Modelling with Excel (BSYS 4051)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.