Hands-on laboratory computer exercises provide students an understanding of the most popular office software used in business. Students learn MS Office 2010 including practical spreadsheet and charting exercises (Excel 2010), word processing (Word 2010), presentations and graphics (PowerPoint 2010), and database management (Access 2010). This course seeks to introduce students to the use of microcomputer technology, from the perspective of a new user.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows XP.
- Essential Computing Concepts.
- Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft PowerPoint.
- The Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Microsoft Excel.
Effective as of Fall 2006
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Information Systems 1 (BSYS 1005)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.