- International Fees
This course provides the opportunity for students to study abroad and immerse themselves in another culture while learning about international business practices. The course is delivered within a SoB+M field school and course focus will vary depending on each field school location. Past course topics included luxury marketing (Austria and Italy), business innovation (Japan), doing business in Europe, and sustainable business. During the field school, students will attend lectures, hear from international guest speakers, visit companies abroad, and participate in immersive cultural activities to develop their understanding of specific business topics while building a global perspective and cultural awareness. This course is equivalent to a 3.0 credit course at the undergraduate level.
- Acceptance to the SoBM field school program or permission from the International Program Coordinator.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Review and critically analyze international business practices by participating in global experiential learning opportunities.
- Compare and contrast how business is conducted in North America and international environments.
- Reflect how culture affects business operations within international contexts.
- Reflect how international businesses are connected to the global economy.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in teams and meet specified objectives in both written and oral presentation formats.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Business Field Studies 2 (Japan) (GLBL 5002) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Global Business Studies
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Field Studies 2 (Japan) (GLBL 5002)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.