- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course demonstrates how to build a very functional home within a budget. Participants will be guided through the permit and construction process, preparation of a realistic budget and various contracting alternatives. They will also receive advice on the selection of trade contractors and will learn how to recognize and ensure that their house has a practical design. This course will be of interest to property owners and first-time house builders.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BLDG 0001 for the Spring/Summer 2024 term.
Thu Apr 11 - Thu May 16 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 26856
- Domestic fees $310.84International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Apr 11 - May 16
|18:45 - 21:45
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will participate in weekly "Virtual Classroom" sessions, as per the class schedule above. You will require a stable internet connection, a laptop or desktop computer for this course. You must also have an e-mail address and access to a computer capable of downloading basic documents.
Upon successful completion of this course participants should be able to
- Better understand the planning and construction process.
- Recognize functional design.
- Be aware of the most common problem areas.
- Prepare a budget and schedule for a single family home.
Effective as of Fall 2003
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Building your Own House (BLDG 0001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.