- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is an exploration of building certifications and rating systems in response to the growing need to measure the success of building designs in combating climate change and addressing social issues. The course examines various frameworks and standards, such as LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard, Passive House, Built Green, and others. Through study and analysis, learners will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate and apply these systems effectively.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XRGN 4515 for the Winter 2024 term.
Wed Jan 17 - Wed Mar 06 (8 weeks)
- 8 weeks
- CRN 91884
- Domestic fees $526.04International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 17 - Mar 06
|18:30 - 21:30
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students must have prior experience with construction terminology and reading building drawings. Please contact Alyxces Igot (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and on how to register.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the different systems, and determine which are applicable to each type of building project, including LEED, WELL Building Standard, Passive House, Built Green and others.
- Determine which rating system best suits the building owner’s goals and aspirations.
- Use standards, rating systems and certifications as a framework to organize information, and as a tool to inspire team members.
- Apply certifications and standards as they were intended and designed to be used.
- Determine how best to measure building metrics through building standards and rating systems.
Effective as of Winter 2024
Building Certifications (XRGN 4515) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Principles of Regenerative Building
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Building Certifications (XRGN 4515)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.