- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
This course uses Bootstrap as a powerful responsive framework to manually code dynamic mobile websites. Students will combine Bootstrap's mobile assets with HTML and CSS to develop custom mobile websites with content that resizes, repositions, collapses, and hides for optimal delivery on any device. Students will implement Bootstrap's responsive plugins, including Carousel Galleries, Accordions, Modals, and Popovers to increase site usability and interactivity, and create dynamic animated elements with Bootstrap's integrated CSS animations. To ensure optimized web delivery, this course explores custom Bootstrap exports, which minimize Bootstrap's file size and increase site performance. The course will be delivered through a series of video notes.
- 50% in MDIA 1205† († may be taken concurrently)
Below is one offering of MDIA 3211 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Tue Nov 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 43476
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 28||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course will be delivered entirely online, however, is an asynchronous course which does not require that you meet each week at a specific time. You will be expected to meet assignment deadlines according to the schedule on the course outline and directions of the instructor.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Construct web sites using Bootstrap's Responsive Framework
- Implement Bootstrap's responsive grid system
- Create responsive images, text, and tables
- Design content for Mobile Devices
- Develop collapsible menu bars and dropdown menus
- Redefine the Bootstrap framework with custom CSS stylesheets
- Produce image Carousels for displaying slideshows
- Implement Popovers, Modals, Accordions, and Tool Tips for displaying content
- Demonstrate responsive forms and video
- Increase usability with Breadcrumbs and Pagination
- Apply CSS transform animations to page content
- Customize and Optimize Bootstrap components for faster delivery
Effective as of Winter 2016
Bootstrap and CSS Frameworks (MDIA 3211) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Bootstrap and CSS Frameworks (MDIA 3211)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.