A collaborative effort between BCIT, the Greater Vancouver School Districts and various local Biotechnology companies to provide Grade 10, 11 and 12 students with an opportunity to experience the field of biotechnology as a career path. Students spend five days in an actual biotech lab, and also visit companies in the field.
- Must be in Grade 10, 11, or 12.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the techniques and tools used in biotechnology.
- Learn about the applications of biotechnology in fields such as health, agriculture and the environment.
- Have hands-on experience with common biotechnology techniques such as aseptic culture, DNA isolation/analysis and cell culture.
Effective as of Winter 2011
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Biotechnology Career Awareness (BIOT 0001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.