This course introduces the student to electric arc welding. The course will familiarize the student with the safe use of electric arc welding equipment, types of weld joints, and will demonstrate preferred techniques for electric arc welding. There are two aims for this course, The first aim is to introduce students to electric arc welding safety, fundaments and equipment. The second is to ensure that students can demonstrate the safe use of electric arc welding equipment, and can correctly demonstrate welding and testing techniques.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe arc welding safety.
- Describe arc welding fundamentals.
- Describe shielded electrodes.
- Describe arc welding techniques.
- Select shielded electrodes.
- Demonstrate the safe use of arc welding equipment.
- Demonstrate arc welding techniques.
- Demonstrate arc welds inspection procedures.
- Perform fillet and groove welds.
- Perform welds on lap, tee and butt joints.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Basic Skills: Electric Arc Welding (WELD 0107)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.