This water related course teaches the hydraulic principles of backflow combined with testing of backflow prevention assemblies, it is recommended that you are employed in a water or health related field. On completion of the course you have the option of taking the BCWWA examination. There is an additional examination fee payable to BCWWA. For more details please contact BCWWA at 604-433-4389. Passing grade is 75%.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to choose the appropriate backflow prevention assembly and test and troubleshoot backflow prevention assemblies using the following criteria:
- Causes of backflow
- Recommended backflow prevention procedures
- Application of backflow prevention procedures
- Types of backflow preventers
- Recommended installation practices
- Recommended testing procedures
- Definitions and abbreviations
- Backflow prevention assembly performance standards
Effective as of Fall 2003
Backflow Assembly Tester Certification (PPGS 1155) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Hydronic Technician
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Backflow Assembly Tester Certification (PPGS 1155)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.