- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
BHSC 2219 is a Human Anatomy and Physiology course designed specifically for allied health professionals in the field of Cardiology. As such, its major focus is structure and function of the heart. Anatomy of the heart and the relation of the heart to thoracic structures are covered. The structure of the heart muscle cell or myocyte is related to its electrical and mechanical properties. A discussion of the electrical events of the cardiac cycle serves to provide the electrophysiological basis of the ECG. Mechanical events of the cycle are related to electrical events and to the pressure and volume changes in the heart chambers. Structure and function of the blood vessels as components of the circulatory system are covered. A unit on circulatory physiology serves to integrate functions of the heart, blood, and vessels. Discussions of the respiratory and urinary systems as they influence, and are influenced by, the circulation are included.
Below is one offering of BHSC 2219 for the Winter 2024 term.
Wed Jan 03 - Fri Mar 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48918
- Domestic fees $682.52International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 03 - Mar 22||N/A||N/A||Distance|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Guided learning format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This online Learning Hub course is for students in the Cardiology Diploma program. Students are responsible for ensuring prerequisite courses are completed PRIOR to registration. See course description for a list of individual prerequisites. IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration is available on an individual course basis for those who wish to take continuing education credits (Max 3 courses). Registration does not imply admission to the program. Follow up instructions will be e-mailed after registering. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. * BHSC 2219 offered ONLY in the WINTER & SPRING terms
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Relate the structure of the cardiovascular system to its functional capacity.
- Apply anatomical and physiological systems to the field of cardiac sciences.
- Utilize anatomy and physiological principles to adapt to new developments in the field of cardiac sciences.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Anatomy and Physiology for Cardiology (BHSC 2219) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiology Technology
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Anatomy and Physiology for Cardiology (BHSC 2219)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.