CPIM Part 2 combines key concepts from the field of operations management. It details eight domains of operations management. CPIM Part 2 combines key concepts from the field of operations management. It details eight domains of operations management. These include:  align the supply chain to support the business strategy,  conduct sales and operations planning to support strategy,  plan and manage demand,  plan and manage supply, and  managing one of the largest components of working capital for any company: inventory. To this we add:  plan, manage, and execute detailed schedules;  plan and manage distribution; and  manage quality, continuous improvement, and technology.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of APIC 2262 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Thu Apr 13 - Thu Jul 13 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 65263
Class meeting times
|Apr 13 - Jul 13||Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 112|
In the first class students will be required to purchase the APICS learning system materials at a cost of $685 Cdn
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the topics covered in the APICS CPIM Part 2 Certification Exam.
- Use the APICS CPIM online learning portal to comprehend the CPIM exam topics.
- Describe basic principles and terminology related the strategic planning and management.
- Describe the principles of Sales & Operations planning (S&OP).
- Understand the basic demand planning process of planning demand, communicating demand, influencing demand, and prioritizing demand.
- Explain the relationships among master scheduling, capacity management, and materials management.
- Describe the role that inventory plays in manufacturing and distribution.
- Manage schedules and throughput in various industries, including service industries.
- Describe distribution channel strategies and network configurations.
- Describe management's role in implementing quality initiatives within an organization.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Production and Inventory Management - CPIM Part 2 (APIC 2262)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.