- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This is a refresher course in advanced control systems and it consists of tutorials and examinations to prepare candidates for the National Examinations 98-Elec-B2 Advanced Control Systems. This course covers advanced mathematical Modelling and state space representations, the solution of the state equations, observability and controllability. The state space pole placement design methods are covered as well. The course then deals with discrete time control systems, systems with delay, and systems contaminated with noise. A brief introduction to system identification methods is also included.
- 50% in ELEX 7220
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Derive the state space description of a dynamic system.
- Linearize state space models.
- Solve the state space equations.
- Design a state space controller.
- Check for system observability and controllability.
- Design a state observer.
- Develop a discrete time model for a sampled system.
- Design a discrete time controller.
- Write simple process identification algorithms based on least squares identification.
- t squares identification Describe the effect of noise on a control system.
Effective as of Fall 2006
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Control Systems (ELEX 0372)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.