- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team management of a cardiac arrest, team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. Specific skills in airway management and related pharmacology are also featured. Skills are taught through discussion and group learning, while testing stations offer case-based scenarios using simulators. Target Group ACLS is designed for health-care professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive-care and critical-care units.
- Current HSFC BLS - healthcare provider
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
As a healthcare practitioner, you are expected to follow professional standards of practice throughout all SN programs and courses. In this course, you will have opportunities to use the processes of critical thinking, systematic inquiry, communication, collaboration, leadership, professionalism, and clinical decision-making. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2020 Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Basic life-support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest using a manual defibrillator and equipment commonly found on a crash cart.
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia.
- Airway management.
- Related pharmacology.
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke.
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team.
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (NSER 7250) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Specialty Nursing (Emergency - Standard Option)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (NSER 7250)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.