Students use the Premiere Pro interface to create multi-layered movies by syncing audio, video, and imagery seamlessly to produce a video. The course covers adding styled titles, applying filters and transitions, and colour correcting the entire video to ensure a professional product from start to finish. The course explains how to use Premiere Pro's workflow and integrate with Adobe Photoshop, Audition, and After Effects to edit audio, imagery, and add complex effects that update in real time. Students will explore the best options for exporting video content to mount on a website, or through video sharing sites such as Vimeo, Youtube, and Vine. The course will be delivered through a series of video notes.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MDIA 3210 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 13 - Tue Nov 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 43475
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Nov 29||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course will be delivered entirely online, however, is an asynchronous course which does not require that you meet each week at a specific time. You will be expected to meet assignment deadlines according to the schedule on the course outline and directions of the instructor.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use the Premiere Pro interface
- Edit Video content on a single layer
- Add audio tracks to a presentation
- Combine multiple video and audio sources together
- Colour correct a presentation
- Apply filters and effects to enhance a presentation
- Work with styled text and titles
- Describe the workflow integration between Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop
- Demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of the current file formats, sizes, and video settings
- Export files for optimized web delivery
- Mount audio and video files on a website
- Produce compressed video files for Youtube, Vimeo, and Vine
Effective as of Winter 2016
Adobe Premiere Pro for Video (MDIA 3210) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Adobe Premiere Pro for Video (MDIA 3210)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.