At BCIT, we’re proud of our reputation for excellence.
For over 50 years we’ve attracted the best and most focused students — bringing together the world’s best minds to be workforce-ready and to solve globally significant problems.
With five campuses and nearly 50,000 students enrolled each year, BCIT is one of BC’s largest post-secondary institutes
By the numbers
Nearly 50,000 students
- 18,000+ full-time students
- 30,000+ part-time students
- 1,800+ full-time faculty and staff
- 600+ part-time faculty and staff
BCIT contributed over $800 million dollars to BC’s economy in 2017 alone.
Graduate employment rates
We’re proud to consistently provide our students with real-world skills and practical experience—so they’re work-ready from the day they graduate.
The median hourly wage is $32 for apprenticeship completers and $22 for graduates of certificate and diploma programs, and the median annual salary is $65,000 for graduates of degree programs.
BCIT provides the majority of apprenticeship training in the province of British Columbia. Over 1,200 complete their final apprenticeship level each year.
Need statistical information on how BCIT graduates are faring in the labour market? View BCIT Graduate Outcomes Reports
*Source: BC Student Outcomes, Baccalaureate Graduates Survey, prepared by BC Stats (2018).
World-class learning spaces
BCIT has world-class training facilities—many unique in Western Canada:
- A 300,000 square-foot state-of-the-art Aerospace Technology Campus, featuring a fleet of 20 aircraft including a Boeing 737, and airport control tower simulation technology
- A Marine Engine Room Simulator, which provides true-to-life training for marine engineers
- The only Prosthetics and Orthotics training program in Western Canada
- An automated manufacturing robotics lab
- An interactive fire simulation theatre
BCIT Applied Research collaborates with national and international institutions, organizations, and industrial partners – providing innovative solutions to real-world problems.
The Centre for Applied Research and Innovation is dedicated to applied high tech research and development, including 3 dedicated research groups, 25 research labs, more than 50 collaborative projects with industry groups and more than 1,000 applied research projects.
By the numbers:
- 25 research labs with specialized equipment
- 50+ collaborative projects
- 1,000+ applied research projects with faculty and students
- 80,000 square feet of laboratory space
- $4 million in research grants annually
- Approximately 5,700 international students from close to 120 countries attended BCIT in 2018–19.
- BCIT has been delivering its international diploma programs through more than 20 overseas partner institutions in South Korea, China, Brazil, Chile, and Vietnam to approximately 6,000 students in the past decade.
- Agreements with more than 180 organizations worldwide for student and faculty mobility and industry training initiatives.
Stats as at December 2019, unless otherwise noted.
Looking for more facts?
The Institutional Research Office (IR) produces reports and statistical information for and about BCIT. These include student demographics, enrolments and outcomes, employee headcounts, financial and economic impact reports.