- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course you will explore the human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology, and learn to practice legal and ethical behaviour. *Note: Thank you for your interest in a BCIT – Free Online Learning course. You are about to register for the course. If you are new to BCIT, you will first need to create a BCIT ID. Then, log in with your ID and password to register. Once registered, log in to learn.bcit.ca with your BCIT email address and password to access your online course. If you are new to BCIT, it may take up to 24 hours for your course access to become active. Because these are not credited courses, and you are not paying a fee, there may be student resources you come across that you are not entitled to access. This would include Student Aid and other financial assistance. Enjoy your learning and we’re happy to support your lifelong learning journey.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0210 for the Winter 2024 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 88234
- Domestic fees $0.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the internet safely.
- Be aware of your digital footprints.
- Respectfully navigate the digital space.
- Have a balanced attitude towards information and technology where you can be both curious and skeptical.
- Make conscious choices about sharing your data.
- Identify when someone's behaviour is inappropriate and what steps you can take.
- Identify when your own behaviour is inappropriate and what steps you can take.
- Recognize the variety of cultural and ethical perspectives around the use of information technology and social media.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Digital Literacy & Citizenship (MOOC 0210)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.