- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Electric Vehicles (EV) are not only here to stay, but one day soon you won't have an option. The EV market is red hot at the moment with innovation driving demand and demand driving innovation. But what's behind all this excitement? What do you need to know to make an informed decision so it doesn't become a costly mistake. This course will empower you to read between the technical lines of the marketing campaigns with an understanding of the mechanics and concepts behind EVs. You will also explore the realities of EV ownership as you develop a clearer appreciation for the change an EV will have on your life. *Note: Thank you for your interest in a BCIT – Free Online Learning course. You are about to register for the course. If you are new to BCIT, you will first need to create a BCIT ID. Then, log in with your ID and password to register. Once registered, log in to learn.bcit.ca with your BCIT email address and password to access your online course. If you are new to BCIT, it may take up to 24 hours for your course access to become active. Because these are not credited courses, and you are not paying a fee, there may be student resources you come across that you are not entitled to access. This would include Student Aid and other financial assistance. Enjoy your learning and we’re happy to support your lifelong learning journey.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0380 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 48597
- Domestic fees $0.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the need for EV’s - Sustainability, the BC advantage
- Compare different types of electrified vehicles – EV, Hybrid, PHEV, and FCEV
- Understand how different manufacturers brand and market their vehicles
- Understand charge levels and charge couplers
- Make an informed buying choice
- Understand EV care and maintenance
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Buying an Electric Vehicle - The Road to a Sustainable Future (MOOC 0380)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.