Big Info At-home Edition Contest (the “Contest”)!
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY AND ENTER INTO A RELEASE OF LIABILITY.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE RULES INCLUDE A LIMITATION OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Contest is sponsored by British Columbia Institute of Technology 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5G 3H2 (“BCIT”).
- Contest Period: The Contest runs from 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on February 22, 2021 to 11:59 PM PST on March 5, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of British Columbia who are 19 years of age or older, who are not employees of BCIT (each person, a “Contest Participant”).
- How to Enter: No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, the Contest Participant registers for the BCIT Big Info At-home Edition session taking place on February 22, 2021 to February 25, 2021 (“Big Info Event”) and during the Contest Period submits to BCIT the survey that will be sent to the Contest Participant after the Big Info Event (“Survey Entry”) (all Survey Entries collectively referred to as “Entries”).The Contest Participant may not submit more than one Survey Entry during the Contest Period. Each Survey Entry will be stamped with the date and time of received by BCIT (the “Time Stamp”) and only those Survey Entries with a Time Stamp during the period of the Contest Period will be considered an eligible Entry. BCIT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any Entries if a complaint is received with respect to the Contest Participant or disqualified pursuant to these Contest Rules.
- Prize Draws: To identify the potential winners, a random draw will be made on March 8, 2021 at 12:00 PM (the “Draw Date”) from all eligible Entries received up to the end of the Contest Period.
- Prize: On the Draw Date, there will be 3 random draws (each a “Draw”) for prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”) consisting of three (3) $1,000 BCIT tuition vouchers redeemable towards future BCIT tuition, subject to certain conditions specified below (the “Tuition Voucher”). The total retail value of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $3,000. The Draws will be done in sequential order and each Contest Participant selected will be removed from the subsequent Draws. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not eligible for substitution. A maximum of one Prize per person will be awarded for the Contest and once a Contest Participant wins a Prize, he or she will not be eligible to win any additional Prizes. In the event that a Prize is not claimed or cannot be awarded to a Contest Participant pursuant to these Contest Rules (the “Unawarded Prize”), BCIT may, at its sole election, conduct another Draw on the same or another date for the Unawarded Prize, or opt to not conduct another Draw for the Unawarded Prize at all. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received at each Draw and if any Unawarded Prizes are added to such Draw. BCIT reserves the right to substitute Prizes as well as to cancel or modify the Contest or the Prizes for any reason at any time without notice, all in BCIT’s sole discretion. Tuition Vouchers must be redeemed for BCIT tuition by November 22, 2021 for either a Full-time Program or Part-time Studies Course that finishes by June 30, 2022 (the “Program or Course”) and:
- requires Tuition Voucher winner be fully accepted into the Program or Course by September 3, 2021 and meet all BCIT and Program or Course entrance requirements and prerequisites;
- cannot be used for BCIT tuition already paid for;
- is not transferable; and
- is not refundable in the event that the Prize winner withdraws from a BCIT program.
Neither the Contest nor the Tuition Voucher is an offer, representation or guarantee of admission, acceptance or registration into BCIT or a Program or Course.
- Potential Winner Verification and Notification: All selected Contest Participants (“Potential Winners”) will be contacted by BCIT via phone or e-mail within approximately one (1) week of the Draw Date and are subject to verification by BCIT, including proof of identity and eligibility. All Potential Winners will be requested to contact BCIT directly via email at email@example.com or by phone at 604.453.4097 within five (5) business days, to make arrangements with BCIT for the Potential Winner to take all steps required by these Contest Rules before being declared a Prize winner. A Potential Winner’s failure to respond within five (5) business days of notification, receipt of an email notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with these Contest Rules, will result in disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of the Prize. BCIT is not responsible for and will not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner.
- To Claim a Prize: To be declared a winner and claim a Prize, a Potential Winner must:
- correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign and return, without further compensation, BCIT’s Declaration and Release confirming compliance with these Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as offered, releasing BCIT, its Prize suppliers, affiliates and its and their agents, and BCIT’s Board of Governors with respect to injuries, accident, loss or damages relating to the Contest or the awarding of the Prize, and consenting to use of the potential winner’s name, city, photograph and/or statement in any publicity carried out by BCIT relating to this Contest.
- Disqualification: There is a limit of one Survey Entry per Contest Participant. Any Entry and Potential Winners will be disqualified and forfeit a Prize if:
- the Contest Participant is found attempting to use multiple identities to submit more than one Survey Entry;
- the Contest Participant uses an automated system or program to enter or otherwise disrupt the Contest;
- the Entry does not comply with any of these Contest Rules;
- the Entry is late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete, none of which BCIT is responsible for;
- the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within the specified time, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question referred to above, fails to provide the required information or documentation, or if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
- the Contest Participant has won a Prize in a previous Draw in this Contest.
- Participant’s Agreement: By entering the Contest, each Contest participant:
- acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Contest Rules;
- consents to being contacted by BCIT in accordance with these Contest Rules; and
- agrees not to challenge or make any claim against BCIT in relation to the Contest.
- Privacy: BCIT collects personal information pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSBC 1996 c. 165. By entering the Contest, each Contest Participant consents to BCIT storing, sharing and using the personal information such participant has submitted for the purposes of administering the Contest including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Contest winner and grants to BCIT the right to use the Contest winner’s name for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest and acknowledges that BCIT may disclose the personal information to third-party agents and service providers of BCIT in connection with any of the foregoing activities. All Entries become the property of BCIT.
- Technical Problems: BCIT is not responsible for:
- any technical malfunction or other system problems that could affect anyone’s ability to enter the Contest;
- the failure of any Entry to be received, receive a Time Stamp, or captured for any reason;
- any damage to a Contest Participant’s computer or mobile device resulting from participating in the Contest; or
- any data charges which may be charged to a Contest Participant for utilizing a wireless mobile device to participate in the Contest.
- Changes: BCIT may withdraw, amend or suspend the Contest or change these Contest Rules to deal with any technical problems, computer viruses or bugs, unauthorized interventions or other causes beyond BCIT’s reasonable control that interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest. BCIT may adjust any of the dates and timeframes provided in the Contest Rules without prior notice to anyone in order to verify any Contest Participant’s compliance or due to any other circumstances which BCIT believes may affect the proper administration of the Contest.
- Limitation of Liability; Disagreements: All decisions of BCIT concerning the Contest are final. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY EXPRESSLY RELEASES EACH OF BCIT, THE PRIZE SUPPLIERS, THEIR AFFILIATES, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND BCIT’S BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ADVISORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND CONTRACTORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGE, COST LOSS, EXPENSE AND LIABILITY SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY THE ENTRANT ARISING FROM THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE LIABLE TO AN ENTRANT FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR PURE ECONOMIC LOSS, AND IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASEES TO ANY ENTRANT EXCEED THE LESSER OF: (I) THE DIRECT DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY SUCH PERSON; OR (II) THE SUM OF TEN CANADIAN DOLLARS ($10.00 CDN), REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING CONTRACT (INCLUDING FUNDAMENTAL BREACH), TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to BCIT, not Twitter or Instagram.
- Laws: The Contest and these Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including the federal laws of Canada applicable in that Province.