Thank you for considering BCIT for your exchange semester! As a BCIT International Exchange program student, you will have many opportunities to learn the latest and best practices from instructors who are professionals in their industries, as well as explore the beautiful Metro Vancouver area.
Many great local attractions are within a 30 minute bus ride from our Burnaby Campus including downtown Vancouver, Stanley Park, Kitsilano and its many beaches, Telus World of Science, Playland at the PNE, and Rogers Arena just to name a few. Destination Vancouver and Tourism BC are great resources.
If you’re interested in attending BCIT, check out our Information for Prospective Students [PDF] package. It will tell you all you need to know about studying at BCIT, as well as Vancouver and the surrounding areas.
We have agreements with these partner institutions:
- Biberach University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- HAWK University of Applied Sciences and Art (Germany)
- University of Ferrara (Italy)
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria Wels Campus (Austria)
What can I study?
The BCIT School of Construction and the Environment (SoCE) offers a wide variety of courses that employers recognize as being current in industry trends and knowledge. As an exchange program student of one of our partner universities, you can enroll in courses from one of our participating diploma or degree programs:
- Bachelor of Architectural Science
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Interior Design
Is BCIT is the right place for you? Read stories from past exchange students to find out all about their experience.
The SoCE International Exchange Program Office will work with your home institution and assist in selecting the right courses for you.
How do I apply?
Your home institution needs to nominate you to apply (sign your application form). To apply, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application for admission [PDF] to BCIT
- Home institution Transcript(s)
- Portfolio of work (Architectural Science and Interior Design students)
- English Assessment test (or equivalent)
Application deadlines for the exchange are as follows:
(September – December)
(January to April/May)
Don’t hesitate to contact the International Exchange team should you or your home institution need any help throughout the application process.
Where will I live?
Housing preferences are requested on the application form. Please visit Housing for further information.
Once you have received your acceptance letter to BCIT as an International Exchange program student, you will be asked for further forms and documents. The BCIT International Student Office will assist with study permits and visa applications. Citizenship and Immigration Canada – Study Visas may also provide guidance.
- BCIT International Verification Letter (for Visa Applications)
Please consider the timing of your flights so that you can attend orientation and get acclimatized to our time zone. After that, you can start packing and get ready to come visit us here in beautiful British Columbia!