Full-time students of the Architectural Science, Civil Engineering, and Interior Design programs are eligible to spend a semester on exchange at one of our partner universities. Each year there is a limited number of openings at institutes in a variety of countries. The timing and nature of course offerings will depend on the choice of institute.
How to apply
Students interested in applying for a semester at a partner university should email us the following information by the appropriate deadline:
- A completed application form [PDF, 150KB]
- A digital portfolio of design work (Interior Design and Architectural Science students only)
- Outgoing Exchange Budget Worksheet [DOCX, 1MB]
- A Statement of Interest, no longer than one page in length, which includes the following information:
- Your name, student number and current program of study.
- Explain why you would like to take part in the International Exchange program and how this experience will enhance your personal, professional and/or academic goals.
- What qualities you possess that make you an above average ambassador for BCIT. Give an example of when you have demonstrated your ambassadorial skills.
- Please list any previous travel to foreign destinations(s) or activities, which would help you prepare for an exchange experience.
Application deadlines for the exchange are as follows:
(September – December)**Deadline for Civil Engineering students is February 15 regardless of the term being applied for.
(January – May)**Deadline for Civil Engineering students is February 15 regardless of the term being applied for.
|Successful applicants will be contacted within 5 business days of the application deadline.|