Our BCIT Test Centres offer invigilation and testing services for many of our full-time programs through a web-based learning management system, Desire2Learn (D2L).
See the Test Centre hours for full-time BCIT students, or find additional details for:
- Distance Education students
- Health Sciences Distance Education students
- Welding students
- BCIT Instructors
- Drop-in students will be accepted if seats are available and there are no final exams, orientations, or private exam sessions scheduled at that time. Please call ahead to confirm that drop-in seats are available.
- Students must have a signed “Permission to Write” form to re-write an exam, or to write a first attempt at an exam independently when their program normally schedules and writes together as a class.
- Exams will not be released if the time limit of the exam exceeds the closing time of the Test Centre. For example if you arrive at 4:30 p.m. on a Tuesday to write a 45 minute exam, the Test Centre staff will not release your exam as we close at 5:00 p.m.
View full-time student testing hours by location
If you are planning to drop in to write an exam, please call ahead to ensure that your Test Centre is open and to check for available drop-in times.
Distance education students
BCIT Distance Education students (other than Health Sciences – please see information below) who choose to write their course exams in the BCIT Test Centres will need to schedule your exam session through our online registration system. Learn more.
BCIT Health Sciences distance education students
BCIT Health Sciences students who wish to request their complimentary exam session that is offered on our Burnaby Campus should visit BCIT’s Distance & Online Learning web site.
BCIT Health Sciences students who wish to write their course exams at one of BCIT’s External Test Centres outside their scheduled exam date and time will be required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable invigilation fee.
*Please note that alternate exam session scheduling is not available to students studying in Cardiac Science programs.
Welding Upgraders (C Level, B Level, and A Level) and Apprentices (Level 3 and Level 4) write their exams in the Test Centre on a drop-in basis.
Prior to arriving for a drop-in exam, Welding students must attend a Test Centre Orientation. To schedule your Test Centre Orientation in NE1 – 291 or to find out the best times to write your exam in the Test Centre, please call 604-432-8383.
Once approved by the Test Centre Supervisor, Instructors may schedule their exam sessions by contacting the Test Centre Assessment Administrator.
Test centre closures
All Test Centres will be closed for Statutory holidays including BC’s Family Day.