OneDrive is a cloud-based service from Microsoft that has replaced BCIT’s previous file storage and sharing solution, Citrix ShareFile. All files have been migrated from ShareFile to OneDrive automatically.
What to expect
The switch-over from ShareFile to OneDrive happened on June 6th.
- All files and folders have been migrated automatically throughout the migration until the switch-over to OneDrive was successfully completed. (Staff and students do not need to do anything.)
- All users were simultaneously switched to OneDrive to avoid confusion for users who share files.
- The switch to OneDrive occurred on June 6th in order to ensure that the change happened after full-time exams and marks meetings.
- Missing files?
- All users have access to sharefile.bcit.ca until June 13, 2022.
- If there are files missing from OneDrive (which should be rare), you can manually move them from the ShareFile website.
Switching over to OneDrive
There will be some impacts to switching to this new service.
- Some users may find that they need to re-share files/folders now that OneDrive has been implemented. In particular:
- Folders shared with course groups will need to be re-shared and links created in ShareFile that have been embedded in emails and Learning Hub sites will need to be re-created.
- Files/folders shared externally (outside of BCIT) will need to be re-shared and in OneDrive, such external shares will have an automatic 180-day expiration.
- The process for accessing shared files and folders, especially for external users, has changed.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions about the Transition to OneDrive Knowledge Base article and if you have further questions, direct them to email@example.com