General Applicants : Step 1
What Kind of Evaluation Report Do You Need?
Consider the Reader of the Report
If you are applying to a specific organization, that organization may require a specific type of report and have specific document requirements. The online application will provide you with a menu of organizations to help with your choices. (Organizations Using ICES has the same list of organizations, their contact information, and requirements sheets in PDF format that tell you what kind of documentation to submit and what kind of report is required.) If you are showing your report to anyone outside the organizations mentioned above or are simply getting an evaluation for personal use, consider the report types below.
- Most useful to those seeking general employment.
- Lists each fully or partially completed educational credential and its comparable credential in Canada.
- Lists the academic institution attended with a brief program description, and the number of years of education completed.
- Normally takes a minimum of four weeks to complete from the date all necessary documents are submitted.
- A Comprehensive Report includes all the information in a Basic Report but also lists courses and converts both grades and credits or units, and provides a calculation of the grade point average (GPA).
- In order to complete a comprehensive evaluation that includes a grade point average (GPA), please supply documentation of ALL courses failed or improved during your studies for EACH examination or course attempt. Applicants without this information will receive a report without a GPA.
- Most useful for seeking employment in a professional occupation, or admission to a post-secondary institution.
- Identifies the language of instruction.
- Normally takes a minimum of seven weeks to complete from the date all necessary documents are received by ICES.
- Only for submission to organizations which require specific information from ICES.
- Please see the table on page 8 of the application form for a list of organizations requiring a supplemental report.
- This report is only issued together with a comprehensive report.
- If you have a Basic Report from ICES you may request, for a fee, an upgrade to a Comprehensive Report. Please refer to the ICES Fee Schedule.
- Evaluations that require additional research or documentation may take longer to complete than the timelines indicated above.