For Immigration: Step 3
Before you click the button below for the online application, you should be prepared.
- Know which credentials you want to evaluate.
- Have copies of documents ready in PDF format, (5MB maximum size per file). These files should include:
- Colour scans of identification
- Colour scans of academic records
- Colour scans of certificates, degrees or diplomas
- Translations of the above if they are not in English or French
- Be ready to pay via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express). You cannot pay by debit card online.
- Remember you are still required to have your institution send us official documentation.The official documents can be sent two ways:
- by email directly from your institution to: email@example.com (ICES will reject all confirmation that cannot be connected directly to your awarding institution)
- by post directly to our office c/o ICES 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5G 3H2 Canada
Other optionsIf you are unable to pay and apply online, we have a printable application available which can be sent by mail or courier.
- Printable Fillable ECA Application [PDF]
- This is a completed sample of the above: Sample completed application [PDF]
In all other cases, use the form below.
- Updated ECA Report Application (for pre-existing ICES clients) [PDF]
- This is a completed sample of the above: Sample completed Updated ECA Report application [PDF]
- When applying for the updated ECA report, please be sure to include a colour photocopy of government issued photo identification containing your date of birth (eg. passport, national identification card, or driver’s license).
- ECAs must be based on official documents sent directly from your institution to our office.
Submission of PDF applicationsSubmit your completed, signed ICES ECA application form and ensure the following requirements are met:
- Please read Terms and Conditions before signing the form.
- Submit the completed form via mail or courier ONLY.
- Colour copies of photo identification documents.
- Such as a passport, national identification card or driver's license.
- Colour copies of the front and back of each final award.
- Such as a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Colour copies of the front and back of each academic record.
- Such as a transcript, marks cards, or diploma supplement.
- Copies of the literal (not interpretive) certified translations of each of these documents into English or French.
- ICES will forward any official documents requiring translations to you directly should it be necessary.
- It is not necessary to submit the back of a document if it is blank.
- Please include photocopies of the literal (not interpretive) certified translations of each of these academic documents into English or French (ICES will forward any official documents requiring translations to you directly should it be necessary).
- Arrange for official documents to be sent directly to ICES from all educational institutions to be evaluated.
For all applications
Those already with an "A0 number" (both previous ICES clients or BCIT students) will not have access to the online application form.
- Completion times apply only when we receive all necessary documents and full payment.
- Courier deliveries cannot be made to post office box numbers. If your only address is a post office box, we will default to regular mail for the delivery of your assessment.
- ECA processing times will depend on the volume of applications. Timelines will be clearly stated on the ICES website at Processing Time.
- ICES is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. It is your responsibility to keep ICES informed if your contact information or postal address changes (in writing).