- The annual starting salary of graduates $35,360 for certificate and diploma programs and $64,480 for degree programs.
- BCIT provides the majority of apprenticeship training in the province of British Columbia.
- Download BCIT's Quick Facts [PDF].
- Approximately 18,000 full-time students enrol annually.
- Approximately 28,000 part-time students enrol every year
- Median age of full-time students: 22 years.
- Median age of part-time students: 31 years.
Faculty and Staff
- More than 1,700 full-time faculty and staff
- More than 500 part-time faculty and staff
For Further Facts
- Student Demographics - Technology, Trades, Apprenticeships [PDF], International [PDF], Aboriginal [PDF], High School [PDF], and Part-time and Full-time Students [PDFs] survey summaries.
- Enrolments by: Student Grouping, BCIT Schools, BCIT Campuses, Term
- Full-time Equivalents (FTE's)
- Graduates by Credential Type
- Human resources, Financial Information and Foundation
A shorter publication, graduate employment outcomes summary report, provides program-by-program information about the employment rates of BCIT graduates.
Program-by-program details can be viewed in the full graduate employment outcomes report.
- BCIT offers programs with a variety of levels of certification: certificates, diplomas and advanced studies, including degrees.
- Many programs lead to professional certification and some provide course exemptions that allow graduates to write qualifying exams to meet professional designations.
- Visit our credentials page for more information on the certificates, diplomas and degrees we offer.
What is Unique at BCIT?
- A new 300,000 square-foot state-of-the-art Aerospace Technology Campus, featuring a fleet of 20 aircraft including a Boeing 737, and airport control tower simulation technology.
- A full-equipped radio and television studio, broadcasting Evolution 107.9 FM
- An automated manufacturing robotics lab
- The only Prosthetics and Orthotics training program in Western Canada
- A Centre for Applied Research and Innovation dedicated to applied high tech research and development
- Western Canada's only Marine Engine Room Simulator, which provides true-to-life training for marine engineers
- Canada's first Confucius Institute, awarded by China's National Office, teaching Chinese languages and culture to increase trade and tourism
- The Centre for the Advancement of Green Roof Technology
- An interactive fire simulation theatre
- A fully operational pulp mill
- A salmonoid enhancement facility developed by BCIT students on the Seymour river