A meaningful roadmap for BCIT
We will continue annually to develop an implementation plan that derives from the Strategic Plan, translating the initiatives into a set of coordinated actions and jointly agreed deliverables. We will regularly evaluate our performance in achieving these milestones.
In addition to ongoing tracking through the Institutional Accountability Plan and Report, we will also assess and manage our progress through a scorecard comprised of high-level key performance indicators (KPIs). Metrics and baselines are already in place in some of these, while in others, we will establish new indicators to reflect areas of sharpened attention:
Key performance indicators
- Learner demand
- Quality of educational experience
- Investment in people
- Advancement of respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Operational effectiveness
- Industry collaboration
- Extent of Indigenization
- BCIT brand strength
- Campus sustainability
- Fiscal sustainability
The value of this Strategic Plan is in its capacity to chart a clear and motivating roadmap for action, to attract resources, and to tell the BCIT story.
Continued progress in implementation is dependent on three main factors, especially if BCIT is to advance the three transformational priorities that have been distilled through the 2020 review:
- We must maintain a systematic approach to program management, tracking progress, and facilitating resource allocation to ensure we are intentional and practical about what we advance—and what we deprioritize.
- We must mobilize resources to help us achieve our ambitions, securing government funding for high-demand programs, diversifying our revenue streams, and activating investment through the INSPIRE campaign and renewed industry and alumni engagement.
- We must also continue to strengthen our brand through greater promotion of what BCIT is and does through our media presence, flagship initiatives, and campus redevelopment.
BCIT will need to remain agile as the next months and years unfold. The Strategic Plan, including the transformational opportunities, provides an invaluable foundation that enables us to hold ourselves accountable as we strive to build—at this critical juncture—a stronger BCIT, a stronger BC, and a stronger world.