Rules and regulations
You and a Friend Could Win (the “Contest”)!
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY AND ENTER INTO A RELEASE OF LIABILITY.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE RULES INCLUDE A LIMITATION OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Contest is sponsored by British Columbia Institute of Technology 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, British Columbia, V5G 3H2 (“BCIT”).
- Contest Period:The Contest runs from 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on March 1, 2019 to 11:59 PM PST on January 29, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility:The Contest is open to residents of British Columbia who are 19 years of age or older, who are not employees of BCIT, and who:
- are students enrolled at BCIT at the time the Unique Contest Code form in Section a is completed (the “BCIT Student”); or
- at the time of Entry in Section b, have never been admitted as a student in BCIT and have been referred by a BCIT Student to enter the Contest (the “Friend”).
- How to Enter:No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest:
- the BCIT Student visits bcit.ca/win and logs in using the student’s “A#”. After completing a form, the BCIT Student will be e-mailed a contest code unique for such BCIT Student (the “Unique Contest Code”). The BCIT Student will receive only one Unique Contest Code for the duration of the Contest;
- the BCIT Student may share the Unique Contest Code with as many Friends as the BCIT Student likes;
- the Friend then visits bcit.ca/infosession or bcit.ca/win, registers for a BCIT information session (the “BCIT Info Session”), and enters the Unique Contest Code into the online registration form (the “Entry”);
- the Friend can only submit one Entry per BCIT Info Session and use only one Unique Contest Code per Entry, however, the Friend does not have to use the same Unique Contest Code for every Entry; and
- each Entry by a Friend earns the BCIT Student and the Friend one entry into the Contest.
- Prize Draws: To identify the potential winners, random draws will be made on each date and time below (each a “Draw Date”) from all eligible Entries received up to the Draw Date:
- April 30, 2019 at 9 am;
- July 31, 2019 at 9 am;
- October 31, 2019 at 9 am; and
- January 31, 2020 at 9 am.
- Prize: On each Draw Date, there will be 7 random draws (each a “Draw”) for prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”) consisting of the following:
- one Draw for two (2) $1,000 BCIT tuition vouchers ($1,000 BCIT tuition voucher for each of the BCIT Student and the Friend identified in the Entry that is drawn in the Draw) redeemable towards future BCIT tuition, subject to certain conditions specified below (the “Tuition Voucher”);
- one Draw for two (2) $100 BCIT Bookstore gift cards ($100 BCIT Bookstore gift card for each of the BCIT Student and the Friend identified in the Entry that is drawn in the Draw) ;
- five Draws, each Draw for two (2) $25 Tim Hortons gift cards ($25 Tim Hortons gift card for each of the BCIT Student and the Friend identified in the Entry that is drawn in the Draw).
- requires Tuition Voucher winner be fully accepted into the Program or Course by September 30, 2020 and meet all BCIT and Program or Course entrance requirements and prerequisites;
- cannot be used for BCIT tuition already paid for;
- is not transferrable; and
- is not refundable in the event that the Prize winner withdraws from a BCIT program.
- Potential Winner Verification and Notification: All selected entrants (“Potential Winners”) will be contacted by BCIT via phone or e-mail within approximately one (1) week of the Draw Dates specified above and are subject to verification by BCIT, including proof of identity and eligibility. All Potential Winners will be requested to contact BCIT directly via email at email@example.com or by phone at 432.8656 within five (5) business days, to make arrangements with BCIT for the Potential Winner to take all steps required by these Contest Rules before being declared a Prize winner.
- To Claim a Prize: To be declared a winner and claim a Prize, a Potential Winner must:
- correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign and return, without further compensation, BCIT's Declaration and Release confirming compliance with these Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as offered, releasing BCIT, its Prize suppliers, affiliates and its and their agents, and BCIT’s Board of Governors with respect to injuries, accident, loss or damages relating to the Contest or the awarding of the Prize, and consenting to use of the potential winner's name, city, photograph and/or statement in any publicity carried out by BCIT relating to this Contest.
- Disqualification:There is a limit of one Unique Contest Code per BCIT Student and one Entry by the Friend per BCIT Info Session. Any Entry and Potential Winners will be disqualified and forfeit a Prize if:
- either the BCIT Student or the Friend is found attempting to use multiple identities or submitting multiple Entries per BCIT Info Session;
- either the BCIT Student or the Friend uses an automated system or program to enter or otherwise disrupt the Contest;
- the Entry does not comply with any of these Contest Rules;
- the Entry is late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete, none of which BCIT is responsible for;
- the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within the specified time, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question referred to above, fails to provide the required information or documentation, or if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
- the BCIT Student or Friend has won a Prize in a previous Draw in this Contest.
- Participant's Agreement: By entering the Contest, each Contest participant:
- acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Contest Rules;
- consents to being contacted by BCIT in accordance with these Contest Rules; and
- agrees not to challenge or make any claim against BCIT in relation to the Contest.
- Privacy: BCIT collects personal information pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSBC 1996 c. By entering the Contest, each Contest participant consents to BCIT storing, sharing and using the personal information such participant has submitted for the purposes of administering the Contest including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Contest winner and grants to BCIT the right to use the Contest winner’s name for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest and acknowledges that BCIT may disclose the personal information to third-party agents and service providers of BCIT in connection with any of the foregoing activities. All Entries become the property of BCIT.
- Technical Problems: BCIT is not responsible for:
- any technical malfunction or other system problems that could affect anyone’s ability to enter the Contest;
- the failure of any Entry to be received or captured for any reason;
- any damage to a Contest participant’s computer or mobile device resulting from participating in the Contest; or
- any data charges which may be charged to a Contest participant for utilizing a wireless mobile device to participate in the Contest.
- Changes: BCIT may withdraw, amend or suspend the Contest or change these Contest Rules to deal with any technical problems, computer viruses or bugs, unauthorized interventions or other causes beyond BCIT's reasonable control that interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest. BCIT may adjust any of the dates and timeframes provided in the Contest Rules without prior notice to anyone in order to verify any Contest participant’s compliance or due to any other circumstances which BCIT believes may affect the proper administration of the Contest.
- Limitation of Liability; Disagreements:All decisions of BCIT concerning the Contest are final. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY EXPRESSLY RELEASES EACH OF BCIT, THE PRIZE SUPPLIERS, THEIR AFFILIATES AND BCIT’S BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ADVISORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND CONTRACTORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGE, COST LOSS, EXPENSE AND LIABILITY SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY THE ENTRANT ARISING FROM THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE LIABLE TO AN ENTRANT FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR PURE ECONOMIC LOSS, AND IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASEES TO ANY ENTRANT EXCEED THE LESSER OF: (I) THE DIRECT DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY SUCH PERSON; OR (II) THE SUM OF TEN CANADIAN DOLLARS ($10.00 CDN), REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING CONTRACT (INCLUDING FUNDAMENTAL BREACH), TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY.
- Laws: The Contest and these Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including the federal laws of Canada applicable in that Province.
BCIT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any Entries if a complaint is received with respect to the BCIT Student, the Friend, or disqualified pursuant to these Contest Rules.
An Entry that is not drawn on a given Draw Date and is not disqualified pursuant to these Contest Rules will be eligible to be drawn on the next Draw Date.
The total retail value of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $9,800. The Draws will be done in the sequential order noted above and each Unique Contest Code (and the associated BCIT Student and Friend(s)) selected will be removed from the subsequent Draws. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not eligible for substitution. A maximum of one Prize per person will be awarded for the Contest and once a Friend or a BCIT Student wins a Prize, they will not be eligible to win any additional Prizes. In the event that a Prize is not claimed or cannot be awarded to a BCIT Student or a Friend pursuant to these Contest Rules (the “Unawarded Prize”), BCIT may, at its sole election, conduct another Draw on the same or subsequent Draw Date for the Unawarded Prize, or opt to not conduct another Draw for the Unawarded Prize at all. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received at each Draw Date and if any Unawarded Prizes are added to such Draw Date.
BCIT reserves the right to substitute Prizes as well as to cancel or modify the Contest or the Prizes for any reason at any time without notice, all in BCIT’s sole discretion
Tuition Vouchers must be redeemed for BCIT tuition by September 1, 2020 for either a Full-time Program or BCIT Part-time Studies Course that finishes by June 30, 2021 (the “Program or Course”) and:
Neither the Contest nor the Tuition Voucher is an offer, representation or guarantee of admission, acceptance or registration into BCIT or a Program or Course.
A Potential Winner’s failure to respond within five (5) business days of notification, receipt of an email notification as undeliverable, or failure to comply with these Contest Rules, will result in disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of the Prize. BCIT is not responsible for and will not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner.