Our Test Centre locations offer testing and invigilation services for students attending other colleges and universities as well as BCIT distance education students requiring a proctored exam outside of their scheduled exam sessions.
On-line registration and payment system
Please select “Register Now” to book your exam on-line through our registration and payment system! Once you have completed the registration portion of your exam booking you will be directed to an external site where you will pay for your exam session on-line via MasterCard or Visa (only) on-line. Note that Visa Debit is not accepted.
Rate change notification: As of June 1, 2019 our invigilation fee for exams that are scheduled for 3 hours or less will be $50 + GST for all days and times including Saturdays.
There is a non-refundable, non-transferable invigilation fee of $50 + GST for exams that are scheduled for 3 hours or less including Saturdays and evenings. If your home institution has allowed a maximum writing time in excess of three hours, an additional charge of $10 per hour (or part thereof) + GST will be added to the invigilation fee.
If you would like your exam to be returned via courier and it is not already paid for by your home institution additional fees will apply based on the courier destination. Please be aware that this is non-refundable if paid for in error.
- Once the maximum number of students per session is reached, exam dates and/or times will no longer be available.
- You should have your home institution’s contact information with you before you begin registering for your exam session.
- Once you have completed the registration portion you will be directed to an external site where you will pay for your exam session on-line via credit card (only). Note that Visa Debit is not accepted.
- You will then receive a confirmation email with an attachment which will include BCIT’s invigilation consent form. This form will be accepted by most institutions that require a signed proctor or invigilation consent form. Please do not bring this to your exam session.
- You are required to bring valid government-issued photo ID to your exam session. A photocopy, photograph, or electronic version of your ID will not be accepted.
- You are responsible for bringing any items that your home institution has approved to be used for your exam session.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your exam session.
- Exams will not be released if you have not arrived in time to receive the full time allotted for your exam.
Exam session times
Room 480, 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC
- Mondays: 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday to Friday: 8:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Room 292, Building NE1, 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC
- Mondays: 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday to Friday: 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.*, and 5:30* p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m.
* 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. sessions are available on selected Wednesdays.
Aerospace Technology Campus (ATC)
Room 334A, 3800 Cessna Drive, Richmond, BC
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 p.m.
Delta and Surrey Location: Annacis Island Campus (AIC)
Room 2649, 1608 Cliveden Avenue, Delta, BC
- Tuesday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
For parking information for all campuses, please see Student and Visitor parking information:
- Please be aware that you will be considered a “student” as well as a “visitor” in terms of parking at BCIT.
- In Student Parking lots, daily rates apply. In Visitors Parking lots, hourly rates apply.
- Permits must be purchased on site at the ticket kiosks.
Annacis Island Campus
Parking is available at the Annacis Island Campus at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Overflow parking is on the street.
Please refer to the Burnaby campus map [PDF] for valid Burnaby Campus parking locations.
Recommended lots closest to the Burnaby Campus NE1 Test Centres prior to 4:30 p.m. are:
- Student Parking Lot Q
- Visitor Parking Lot V2
- Student Parking Lots A & B
Monday to Friday until 4:30 p.m.: You may park in Student Parking Lots A – Q or Visitor’s Parking Lots V1 – V5
Monday to Friday after 4:30 p.m. and all day Saturday: You may park in any lot on campus except lots 8, 16 and 24
TIP: At certain times of day, especially mornings, some of the Burnaby Campus parking lots are full. Always allow additional time to find and pay for parking prior to your scheduled exam time.
The Richmond Campus provides pay parking. You may park in either the student parking lot or visitor parking lots. See the ATC campus map for more information.