Green Team Vision and Mission
Who we are (our vision)
BCIT Green Team: Employees inspiring change from the ground up.
What we aim to do (our mission)
To reduce the institute's ecological footprint by engaging BCIT employees through sustainability initiatives that create awareness, participation, and behaviour change.
And the tactics we use
- Share information with the BCIT community about sustainability issues, events, and initiatives.
- Launch one green campaign every year.
- Organize BCIT's Bike-to-Work Commuter Station in Spring and Fall each year.
- Provide a forum for discussion, networking, and information sharing for employees with an interest in sustainability.
- Build relationships with other groups on campus (e.g. Sustainability Committee, student association groups, Facilities Management) and support their sustainability activities or initiatives whenever possible.
- Educate ourselves and other BCIT employees regarding our impact on the environment.
A Green Team member is someone who:
- Wants to reduce the institute’s ecological footprint by engaging in personal and/or organized sustainability initiatives that create awareness which leads to behavior changes.
- Cares about inspiring change from the ground up through one small or multiple deliberate actions.
Green Team members do a little or do a lot, it’s up to you!
- Join the Green Team mailing list and be in the “know” about sustainability at BCIT.
- Network, share information, and learn at events like Lunch and Learns, Green Drinks, Sweater Day etc.
- Join an annual task force that will launch one green campaign every year.
Energy and Sustainability Manager
(604) 451-7011 added bike-to-work week to tactics, updated page block