Institute policies & procedures
- 1500 Code of Conduct [PDF]
- 2501 – Contracts [PDF]
- 2501-PR1 Contract Preparation [PDF]
- 2510 – Audiovisual Equipment Purchase [PDF]
- 3007 Major Capital Projects [PDF]
- 2003 Purchase of Operating Goods or Services [PDF]
- 2004 Definition of Capital [PDF]
- 2007 Petty Cash Procedures [PDF]
- 7000 Gifts-in-Kind/Donated Equipment — New and Used [PDF]
- 7001 Gifts-in-Kind/Donations — Accounting [PDF]
- 7002 Corporate Sponsorship [PDF]
- 7003 BCIT Advertising Policy [PDF]
Gifts & entertainment
- We appreciate the spirit of friendship and goodwill in which business gifts are offered; however, it is contrary to BCIT’s policy [PDF] or employees to directly or indirectly accept any gifts, entertainment, or favour from a supplier. We prefer that incentives be expressed in terms of quality, service, and price in your quotations. Advertising items, sales promotions, or business lunches are permitted on a limited, reciprocal basis. Please assist us in this policy.
- Strategic Procurement is the primary contact between BCIT and its suppliers. Strategic Procurement will initiate, conduct and conclude all negotiations affecting purchases, pricing, terms and delivery. Intermediate negotiations, communications ad interviews may be conducted between suppliers and other personnel, but Strategic Procurement is solely authorized to commit any expenditure of funds or contractual commitments.