Doing Business with BCIT
Suppliers are very important to BCIT because the supply of goods and services helps BCIT offer its students an educational experience that is second to none. On this page you will find what we expect from our suppliers and what you, as a supplier, can expect from us.
What BCIT expects from you:
- Buyers will expect you to meet your appointment schedule, except for unavoidable occurrences
- You will be encouraged to offer suggestions and advice for improving BCIT's use of products directly to the various users within BCIT
- We will expect you to have full knowledge of your products or services and to present them in an honest and factual manner
- Where contractors/consultants are supplying services on-site, you will be required to be a member of WCB in good standing, and in some cases, you will be required to carry liability insurance
- We will expect you to work directly with the appropriate buyer to resolve issues or order problems, and if necessary, do not hesitate to contact the Purchasing Manager.
What you can expect from BCIT:
- We will treat our suppliers in a fair and equitable manner, fostering long-term relationships based on trust and the concept of partnerships
- We will willingly discuss with you any goods or services of actual or potential use to us
- You will receive courteous, friendly and respectful treatment as a business equal
- You will not be kept waiting for appointments and will receive an attentive audience
- We will not waste your time - if your products or services do not meet our needs, we will notify you as soon as possible.