Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the Fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
- Students should be prepared to attend some synchronous online sessions during regular school hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm PST) with some evenings and weekends. Student schedules will be available in late August 2020.
Your creativity and love for visual communication combined with your eye for aesthetics could lead you to a fulfilling and successful career in graphic design.
In this age of information, organizations are expanding their communications and marketing departments, increasing the demand for graphic designers and communication professionals.
The Certificate in Communication Design Essentials, a partnership program between BCIT and Emily Carr University (ECU), provides you with a skillset preparing you for success in the graphic design field in 12 months. This intensive program combines technical expertise with a solid foundation in visual communication and the design process.
This program provides you with the option of a block transfer of credits towards the ECU 4-year Communication Design bachelor’s degree. You may opt to continue your studies on a full or part-time basis, or launch your exciting new career immediately.
About the program
12 month, full-time certificate program
- All in-class courses, on two campuses (BCIT and Emily Carr University)
- Classes run 3 to 4 times per week. This may include days, evenings and/or weekends
- Covers the fundamentals of the skills and business necessities of communication design
Learn more about our unique program and how it prepares you for design success in the Program Details
Who should complete the Certificate in Communication Design Essentials?
This program might be for you if you:
Have an interest in visual communication
- Want to explore the field of graphic design
- Are considering pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Communication Design at ECU
- May already have a degree, and are looking for complementary skills to become a full-time graphic designer
If any of these appeal to you, visit our Program Entry
page to apply today.
What grads can do
With BCIT’s certificate program in Communication Design Essentials, you’ll gain necessary skills to begin your career in graphic design. You will gain technical expertise combined with a solid foundation in visual communication and the design process.
Because of our unique partnership with Emily Carr University, you’ll combine the expert technical skills BCIT is known for with outstanding design skills and graduate with your credential from both institutions.
Additionally, the certificate program block-transfers into a four-year degree program so that you could complete your bachelor’s degree in less than three years after earning your certificate at BCIT.
Learn more about your options and benefits at the Graduating and Jobs