Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the Fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
- Students should be prepared to attend some synchronous online sessions during regular school hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm PST). Student schedules will be available in late August 2020.
- Learn more about how this program is adapting learning during COVID-19.
Are you enticed by the idea of starting your own business? Do you enjoy finding unique solutions to problems? Does the idea of single-handedly guiding a business to success interest you?
Then you might be an entrepreneur.
BCIT’s Entrepreneurship diploma was developed specifically to give people like you the focused, intensive training necessary for success in creating, guiding, and managing businesses. Whether you're looking to start your own business from scratch or expand on an idea you're already working on, this program will train you with hands-on, real-world skills and knowledge.
About the program
- Real-world learning with professional entrepreneurs
- Business consultant project and practicum provide hands-on experience
- After graduation, transition to the workforce or apply to complete your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree at BCIT with full-time or part-time evening courses
To learn more about how the Entrepreneurship diploma can turn your idea into a successful enterprise, visit the Program Details
Who should apply for the Entrepreneurship Diploma?
Entrepreneurship might be right for you if you:
Have some work experience
- Completed high school and have some post-secondary education
- Have a "big-picture" kind of outlook
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to problems
- Have an interest in developing new business ideas and services
If any or all of these apply to you, visit the Program Entry
page to start training for your entrepreneurial career today.
Your experience matters
Do you have work experience or other post-secondary education? If you do, you might qualify for course credits to help speed up your training. Visit our advanced placement
page to learn more.
What grads can do
The Entrepreneurship diploma program gives you a broad base of business knowledge, including specialized training in the development and growth of new products and services.
Some graduates of the program start their own company, while others use the intensive training to improve an existing company, whether it's one they created or someone else's. Because entrepreneurs can focus on the wider picture of businesses and have a strong, general foundation, their training can be applied to almost any industry, helping to protect them from shifts within a certain field that industry-specialists can't avoid.
Graduates of the program will be qualified to start their own company, or find work as coordinators, marketing assistants, or potentially managerial roles at organizations locally and globally.
To learn more about the career opportunities and other options available to grads, see the Graduating and Jobs
BCIT offers a number of international exchange opportunities that helps students gain a global perspective of the economy, culture, government, and everyday life of the country they study in. Learn more about international exchange opportunities
and international double degrees with internships
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)