Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the Fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
- Students should be prepared to attend some synchronous online sessions during regular school hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm PST). Student schedules will be available in late August 2020.
- Learn more about how this program is adapting learning during COVID-19.
Are you thinking of an accounting career but are also interested in finance and investments?
BCIT's Finance Diploma Program offers you unique, practical training for a solid foundation in accounting, economics, finance, and investing principles. All the courses in this program are designed to teach you to the necessary skills and confidence to help you pursue a career in finance while preparing you for accelerated study to become an accountant.
About the program
- Two-year, full-time program
- Broad range of accounting, financial, economic, and investment training
- Strong industry connections and networking opportunities
See more about how the Finance Diploma gives you the necessary skills for a successful career at the Program Details
Who should apply for the Finance Diploma?
This program is designed to give you strong technical skills in accounting plus a broad understanding of finance and economics, providing a wider range of employment opportunities.
This program might be right for you if you:
Want accounting training that is supplemented by investment skills and knowledge
- Aren’t an accountant, but need some accounting knowledge for your current job
- Want to know more about financial services, capital markets and securities
- Have an interest in investments and financial markets
- Work well with numbers and big-picture planning
Visit the Program Entry
page to apply today.
Your experience matters
If you already have work experience or other post-secondary education, you might qualify for course credits to help accelerate your training. Check to see whether your experience qualifies you for advanced placement
What grads can do
Earning the hands-on experience and essential skills offered through BCIT's diploma program can be an excellent way to begin a long, rewarding career.
With the training you'll receive in the Finance Diploma Program, you'll be prepared and confident in new potential jobs in financial services, accounting, and financial management.
You'll also have the option to continue your education with a Bachelor of Accounting
or a Bachelor of Business Administration
degree to become a Chartered Professional Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst and further your career.
Learn more about your job prospects and options on the Graduating and Jobs
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)