Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the Fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
- Students should be prepared to attend some synchronous online sessions during regular school hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm PST). Student schedules will be available in late August 2020.
- Learn more about how this program is adapting learning during COVID-19.
The demand for qualified financial planners is high, so if you’re interested in investments and working with people, this diploma program can help you move into a successful, rewarding career.
By focusing your training at BCIT in this two-year diploma program, you’ll be 100% prepared to start work in investment and financial planning upon graduation. And with our strong mentorships, networking opportunities, and focus on practical, useable skills, many students have job offers even before graduation.
About the program
Two-year, full-time program
- Focused on practical training for financial and investment planning and advising
- Strong industry connections and networking opportunities
- After graduation, transition to the workforce or apply to complete your Bachelor of Business Administration degree at BCIT with full-time or part-time evening courses
Find more details of how you’ll be prepared for success upon graduation in the Program Details
Who should apply for the Financial Planning Diploma?
This program might be right for you if you:
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Have high emotional intelligence
- Have an interest in investments
- Enjoy forecasting and problem solving
If any of these sound like you, visit the Program Entry
page today to apply.
Your experience matters
Do you already have work experience or coursework from another school? If so, you might qualify for course credits to help accelerate your training. Check to see whether your experience qualifies you for advanced placement
What grads can do
In this program, you’ll focus on the practical, usable skills you’ll need for a successful career in investments and financial planning. As part of your training, you’ll also have exposure to industry leaders through mentorship and with your own financial plan presentation.
Upon graduation, you’ll be 100% ready to begin working in the industry and be well on your way to receiving your Certified Financial Planner designation. You’ll also have the option to continue your education with BCIT’s Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Working towards the Chartered Financial Analyst designation is also possible.
Learn more about the variety of opportunities at the Graduating and Jobs
BCIT offers a number of international exchange opportunities that helps students gain a global perspective of the economy, culture, government, and everyday life of the country they study in. Learn more about international exchange opportunities
and international double degrees with internships
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)