Fall 2020 Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online for the fall semester.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The Telecommunications Systems Technician, Radio Systems Option
program will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to work with radio frequency (RF) electronics equipment. It is the only program of its kind in British Columbia. Through theoretical and practical study, you will develop the skills needed to install, maintain and repair RF and related electronics equipment. The program emphasizes hands-on, practical training using equipment typically encountered in industry.
Skills in the wireless communications industry are in high demand. If you like working with computers and electronic equipment, if you have good analytical skills, and if you want to work in an exciting, dynamic industry, the Telecommunications Systems Technician, Radio Systems Option program can open the door to a variety of exciting careers.
A BCIT diploma shows potential employers that you are accomplished, focused, and serious about your chosen career path. Employers know that you have both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, and that you can start contributing right away. Both graduates and employers say that BCIT was extremely helpful in preparing grads for work.
- You will learn from experienced instructors with a demonstrated interest in teaching. Our instructors have worked in the industry and maintain solid local connections through student practicum placements and through the program advisory committee.
- Hands-on experience with up-to-date well equipped electronics labs helps you to understand the concepts that you learn and gives you job-ready, practical skills.
Fantastic Career Choices
- You could be working for an end-user of RF equipment doing bench testing, troubleshooting and repair of critical communications equipment. For example, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans and the RCMP have hired our graduates to keep their communication systems running. You could be working for a manufacturer of RF-related electronics equipment in a quality assurance or service technician role. You might work for a service provider, installing, configuring and maintaining voice and data communication systems, or entertainment systems based on cable and satellite communications.
- With your BCIT diploma and two years of related work experience, you can enter the Bachelor of Technology Management
degree program at BCIT. The Bachelor of Technology Management degree is a part-time program, so you can continue working while you further your education.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN OPTIONS
A video providing insight on the education, employment opportunities and success in a great career choice.