RAIL 0115 - Introduction to Canadian Railway Culture
Railway Part-time Studies Course
This course will familiarize learners with railways, their specific organization as well as railway unions and regulatory bodies, and the technology, culture and political reality of this industry.
Below is one offering of this course for the Winter 2020 term.
Class Meeting Times
||08:00 - 14:30
This course is held at BCIT Annacis Island Campus.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term, subscribe to receive email updates or
contact us with your comments or questions.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe railways organizational structure (first class, shortlines, industrial and railway contractors)
- Introduce the rights and responsibilities of management, unions, employees, and regulatory bodies in the railway industry
- Introduce significant factors that have made the railway what it is today and the advantages of railway transportation over its competitors
- Explain the impact of higher environmental standards on the railway industry
- Explain how technology has influenced the railway industry and describe future trends
Effective as of Winter 2015