The BCIT Security operations office is staffed 24 hours, and is ready to respond to campus emergencies, complaints and security-related assistance requests.
The BCIT Security patrol is contracted to Paladin Security Group Ltd. The Institute is patrolled 24 hours a day by Security officers. The patrols are conducted on foot, in vehicles and on bicycles.
BCIT Security provides numerous services to the community:
- Monitors the security card access center.
- Records CCTV programs.
- Responds to emergencies; fire, personal injury.
- Complaint investigations; suspicious persons, crimes in progress, criminal events.
- Safer walk program.
- Maintains lost and found property and responds to inquiries.
- Provides authorized access to facilities.
BCIT Security can be contacted at 604-451-6856.