The Office Administrator with Technology is a hands-on program designed to provide you with the computer and business skills required by administrative positions today. It is ideal for individuals who do not have previous education or background in computing as well as those who need to retrain or upgrade their present computer skills.
Delivery mode: Online
- This program will be delivered online.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Word to create professional documents
- Create budgets and analyze data with Microsoft Excel
- Design and deliver a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Use Microsoft Outlook to manage schedules, contacts, and email
- Design and develop a small database with Microsoft Access
- Complete basic bookkeeping tasks with Sage 50
- Prepare and understand financial reports
- Use HTML5, CSS3, and WordPress to build and manage a website
- Enhance photos and create graphics with Adobe Photoshop
In addition, you will challenge two Microsoft Office Specialist exams and earn two-valued industry certifications:
- Microsoft Word 2019
- Microsoft Excel 2019
The program consists of three months of online instruction, Monday to Friday, from 9:00 until 4:00, followed by a two-month full-time work term. It combines technical and professional courses with hands-on learning. Formal classroom instruction is complemented by realistic business projects.
There will be no extended breaks except for statutory holidays.
|Office Administrator with Technology|
|Program Length:||5 months, Full-time|
|Program Start / End||October 11, 2022 to March 31, 2023|
|Total Tuition/Cost:||Learn about Tuition & Fees|
|Entry Requirements:||View Requirements|
Students are equipped with practical skills that are applicable to a variety of fields. Depending on previous academic and work experience, career paths for graduates may include but are not limited to:
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support
- Administrator / Receptionist
Did you know that:
- 94% of grads were very satisfied or satisfied with their education
- 93% of grads found their OAT Certificate useful in getting their job
- 100% of grads were ready to collaborate in groups at work
- 92% of grads were ready to keep up with the pace of change in tech by learning new skills on their own
What grads say about OAT:
- “I was hired instantaneously after finishing the program.” – Karen Galang, Office Administrative Assistant, New Point Property Management
- “Within a month of completing the practicum, I was offered and accepted my first full-time office position, which I still hold.” – Laura Schubert, BC Court Registry Agent
- “I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a rewarding career with abundant opportunities.” – Preeti Subramanian, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Translink
- “OAT prepared me for the future, not only with the academics I learned, but it has given me the confidence I need to succeed in my new life in Canada.” – Veronica Jacobsohn, HR Analyst, Providence Health Care
BCIT is well-respected by employers for its ties to industry. In Computing, this connection is formalized through a Program Advisory Committee (PAC) comprised of experts in a range of roles from a cross-section of companies. The department consults regularly to ensure program currency and relevance.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.