Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online during COVID-19.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The School of Business Certificate in Global Business Studies is offered in partnership with post-secondary institutions worldwide. BCIT has already established international student-exchange agreements with ten institutions in eight countries across Europe and discussions are underway with institutions in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil to establish more exchange agreements with specific schools. This certificate provides a formal framework and a credential for students completing their business studies in a range of countries.
The program is divided into three components that will typically take one year to complete, encompassing 15 courses for a total of 48 credits. The program is offered through Part-time Studies (PTS).
The three components are:
- A series of foundational courses in fundamental business concepts.
- Discipline preparation courses, specialized in the student’s area of interest supplemented by language and cross-cultural courses as needed.
- Specialty courses taken during a full-time term abroad at a partner institution, where students will study more advanced courses in their area of interest.
About Part-time Studies
Take a single course, or work towards a credential — all at a pace that’s right for you.
Part-time courses are offered in a variety of scheduling formats, including at night or on weekends, flexible day time delivery, or you can opt for distance or online learning. If you meet the prerequisites and there’s space available, you can register for a course immediately. Courses are offered in each of three terms: Fall (September), Winter (January) and Spring/Summer (April).
Applicants to the BCIT School of Business are required to have completed two years of full-time study in high school or post-secondary program in English in an English speaking country. If you do not have English 12 and have not studied in an English-speaking country, you will need to demonstrate your skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. For information on English equivalencies, testing and upgrading options, visit:
Costs & Supplies
Important Updates to Part-time Studies
Please note: part-time programs and courses are open enrolment and although we make every effort to accommodate demand, course registration cannot be guaranteed in every semester. High demand courses fill quickly and may result in students unable to register for a course that semester. Courses may also be cancelled due to low enrolment.
Graduating & Jobs
BCIT Global Relations
Contact a Part-time Studies Program Advisor with the BCIT program name in the subject line if you have a question about:
- Course selection and program planning
- Declaring your program
- Making changes to your approved program plan
- Applying for transfer credit and advanced placement
- Laddering options
- Job placement and graduate outcomes
- Student life
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.