The Food Technology and Operations Management BSc program was requested by the industry and has been designed to meet their specific demands. Unique to BCIT, this new, innovative program is serious about advancing your career in food technology.
More than the basics of laboratory and quality control, this program focuses on the advanced business, technical, and regulatory skills that are required for senior level positions in the food industry. This program will allow you to:
- Take the lead on higher risk decision making and responsibility
- Improve processes and operations
- Develop dynamic teams and people
- Innovate food safety and sustainability in a global environment
About the program
- Two-year, full-time bachelor of science completion program
- Distance and online learning gives you the flexibility to fit courses into your lifestyle
- Case studies push your critical thinking and problem-solving skills into real world situations
For more information on Food Technology and Operations Management BSc see Program Details.
Who it’s for
This program is for individuals who:
- Completed BCIT’s Food Technology Diploma program or a degree in food science
- Have strong technical abilities and want to build leadership and business operations skills
- Enjoy critical thinking and problem solving in a dynamic work environment
- Have one year or more experience working in the food processing industry
Do you want to be a food industry leader? Visit Entrance Requirements for info on how to apply.
What grads can do
The Food Technology and Operations Management BSc program gives you leadership and business skills to manage food processing operations. An advanced career in food technology starts here. Check Graduating and Jobs for details.
Curious to see more about the Food Technology and Operations Management program? Watch the Food Technology program video for more information.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Our grads get work
The food industry is asking for our grads. You will complete the Food Technology and Operations Management BSc program with everything you need to move your career forward.
Lead high performing teams. Develop cutting edge quality control strategies. Learn operations management. Build better systems and grow stronger people. Advanced careers in the food industry start here.
- Quality assurance manager or director
- Quality assurance strategist
- Operations manager or director
- Process improvement analyst
- Production manager
Take your education to the next level. Grads can continue on to graduate school. We prepare you for the next level.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.