TypeWell Remote Checklist for Instructors
This is a checklist to help you complete all steps to successfully use TypeWell Remote:
- Put the microphone on and ensure that it is not obstructed by clothing.
- Speak when facing the class, rather than when turned away or facing the board.
- Provide the transcriber with a copy of the outline/syllabus and readings /handouts in advance via email, if possible, and with access to the course website.
- Repeat questions from the class so that the remote transcriber will be able to hear necessary information.
- In discussions, have the mic available for speakers to ensure that the transcriber is able to appropriately capture all parts of the discussion.
- Allow the class to be recorded for transcription at a later time should there be any issues with the TypeWell connections.