Hiring Service Providers
Interpreters, transcribers, captioners, and electronic note-takers
These links will assist you with the hiring process, and provide you with provincial guidelines for service provision, as well as job descriptions.
Some of the following files are provided in Portable Document Format [PDF] which requires the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe.
Download Acrobat Reader
- Decision making: hiring process summary [PDF]
- Post to jobsline [PDF]
- Alternate service acceptance form [PDF]
- Evaluation measures [PDF]
- Register for the post-secondary screen [PDF]
- Post-secondary interpreting experience form [PDF]
- Job description- ASL [PDF]
- BC interpreting guidelines [PDF]
- Transcriber Recruitment and Training Project
- Post-secondary transcribing experience form [PDF]
- Job description - transcriber [PDF]
- BC transcribing guidelines [PDF]
- Training (from PEPNet.org)
- Job description - Computer-Aided note-taker [PDF]
- BC Computer-Aided note-taker guidelines [PDF]
We welcome your inquiries to discuss any aspect of service delivery. You can reach PCAS by telephone or e-mail through our contact us page.