BCIT provides designated electric vehicle charging stalls for staff, students, and visitors, on a first-come first-serve basis. They are located at the Burnaby, Aerospace Technology, Center for Applied Research and Innovation (CARI), Downtown and Marine campuses.
Vehicles parked in these designated stalls must be electric vehicles charging and will display proof of payment. (Electric vehicle stalls are not to be used as parking areas without charging.)
These chargers are part of a BCIT Applied Research Facility, and are maintained on a best-effort basis. Please do not rely on the chargers to be available, nor to provide a full charge.
Electric charging station locations:
EV charging etiquette
Please remember these EV Etiquette Rules:
- If you’re not charging, don’t block the charger.
- Be smart with your charging time, occupying a charging spot after you’ve finished charging is rude.
- Use only the charge cable from the front of your stall – do not take a charge cable from another stall.
- Practice safe charging, which means properly managing the cord. Neatly wind the cord on its holder, and tuck it in so people will not trip on any excess length, or drive over it.
- Leave the station as good, or better than you found it.
Service Interruption Notice
Location: Parking Lot 7 (P7) – DC Fast Charge – Efacec Charger A. Floor – N/A. Room – N/A.
Impacts of Interruption: Annual maintenance work for the DC Fast Charge – Efacec Charger A at Parking Lot 7/P7. Please do not park at Charger A from 10:00PM on THRUSDAY, NOVEMBER 4th, 2021 to 5:00PM on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5th, 2021.
Facilities Contact: Clay Howey – 778-928-2052
Expected Service Restoration Time: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5th, 2021 at 5:00PM.
To see all Facilities announcements on The Loop, please visit http://loop.bcit.ca/groups/facilities-and-campus-development