Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Piping - PIPE
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use Hand Tools
- Select hand tools appropriate to piping processes.
- Use hand tools.
- Inspect and maintain hand tools.
- Use Portable Power Tools
- Select portable power tools appropriate to piping processes.
- Use portable power tools.
- Inspect and maintain power tools.
- Use Stationary Power Tools
- Select stationary power tools appropriate to piping processes.
- Use stationary power tools.
- Inspect and maintain shop equipment.
- Install Pipe
- Describe pipe and tubing used in the piping trades.
- Join piping.
- Use Cutting, Brazing and Soldering equipment
- Select cutting brazing and soldering equipment appropriate to piping processes.
- Use cutting brazing and soldering equipment.
- Inspect and maintain cutting, brazing and soldering equipment.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2012