Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Media Communications - MDIA
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Design a basic portfolio web site.
- Insert images, audio, video, text, links and connecting pages to a website.
- Conceptualize and create online content designed to enhance product marketing.
- Determine a list of features for online presence driven from the perspective of users.
- Create video, using standard formats, correct framing and 10 rules of good video shooting.
- Produce audio-visual content according to assignment specifications.
- Apply concepts of editing and storytelling in video.
- Convert and export audio and video files to play on the web, including mobile devices.
- Add podcast, RSS streams and blog material to websites.
- Adapt existing, and create new content for mobile devices.
Effective as of Fall 2020