Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Media Communications - MDIA
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the differences between UI/UX design.
- Study industry best practices and trends in mobile art & design.
- Retina and xHDpi, what they mean and how to design for them.
- Know iOS and Android screen resolutions to creates assets for.
- Design mobile screens based on user flows to match and convey the UX.
- Mood boards and product branding into mobile design.
- Demonstrate knowledge of driving user flow using colour and design.
- Define device fonts and localization of fonts with design.
- Design scalable and responsive mobile artwork in Photoshop.
- Iconography and how it drives user flow.
- Building mobile art files from Photoshop to iOS and Android.
- Build layered mobile screen examples in Photoshop.
- Export assets for iOS and Android ready for a developer.
- App icon and asset requirements for device online stores.
- Demonstrate correct use of typography, placement and colour use.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2015