Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Media Communications - MDIA
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Setup and configure a Digital Publishing Suite account.
- Develop mobile specific design templates.
- Develop mobile flowcharts for UI/UX designs.
- Develop properly arranged mobile UI/UX wireframes based on designs.
- Develop version control of working files for mobile design iterations.
- Add user information, highlights and notes to wireframes.
- Add page/screen control for changes from one screen layout to another.
- Add iconography to mobile specific areas with information.
- Create interactive content with Folio Overlay tools.
- Create multi-state objects and device controls for viewer interaction.
- Design and create different mobile navigation systems with buttons and sliding menus.
- Preview and test an app on a mobile device with an Adobe Content viewer.
- Optimize video files for fast efficient downloads with Adobe Media encoder.
- Build articles and folios.
- Use a Folio Builder panel to upload content to the Creative Cloud.
- Use a Folio Producer dashboard to check mobile analytics.
- Follow a checklist for building an App.
- Provision mobile devices and create development and distribution certificates.
- Use DPS App Builder to create and test an app for both iOS and Android devices.
- Test an app on iTunes
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2015