Course outlines are provided here for your information and reference as they become available and have received the required approvals.
Available BCIT course outlines can be accessed by selecting the term, the course subject and the course number from the dropdown list(s) below. If outlines are available for your selected term and course, they will then be listed. If any of these steps don’t result in what you are looking for, it indicates that no outline is currently available. If you are looking for an outline from a current term please check back closer to the start of the course or consult another outline from a previous term. Please keep in mind that the content from previous outlines may be different than current offerings of the course. For historical outlines not covered in this system please contact BCIT Library at 604-432-8370 to see if they have the outline you require.
The course outline is a statement of educational intent and direction, providing BCIT students with clear, concise, accurate and readily available information related to course content and administration. BCIT course outlines are governed by Policy 5403 and the creation of course outlines is subject to the procedure described in 5403-PR1.
Financial Management - FMGT
While no outlines currently exist for this course, below are the course learning outcomes/competencies.
Course Learning Outcomes/Competencies
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe the field of Accounting for Sustainability.
- Interpret financial reporting of environmental liabilities.
- Assess corporate financial reporting of sustainable business practices.
- Analyze sustainable reporting based on Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines.
- Compare and critique the conclusions, recommendations, and limitations of reporting methods and standards.
- Interpret greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and reporting standards.
- Generate capital budgeting analysis to comply with environmental regulation and emissions.
- Assess the impact of social and environmental costs on product pricing.
- Describe Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) and Social Return on Investments (SROI).
- Explain the use and calculations of Carbon Credits, Climate Exchanges, and Carbon Dioxide Permit Trading.
Effective as of Fall 2020